Soy Wax Use Tips
- If you take away ONE thing from this list, please have it be this: pure soy wax requires more heat than traditional wax warmers. "Scentsy" or other warmers that are designed for paraffin wax will not perform well with soy wax. If you're using these warmers & notice your wax isn't throwing scent or lasting long, this is why. You may also notice that it doesn't melt all the way around the dish in those warmers. Check out my warmers to make sure you're getting the most out of your wax! You can also shop other brands of warmers, just check to confirm they're at least 25 watts by checking the packaging or the bottom of the warmer.
- For best results, use 2 wax cubes from a 6 cube clamshell in a full sized warmer.
- Wax can last 3 - 7 days depending on the scent, hours heated and air circulation. I prefer to change my wax warmers each weekend!
- For wax removal, here are some great, simple ways:
- When wax is hardened, turn your warmer on for 2-3 minutes & remove the dish to easily remove the wax. This will slightly soften the wax holding it in place, so it removes easily.
- Dip cotton balls or tissues into the wax dish to absorb the wax.
- Check out my silicone dish inserts for easier wax changes.
- Lastly, be sure to keep wax out of reach of pets & children and turn your warmers off if you'll be leaving home or asleep!